In the latest adventure of the Apple v Qualcomm battle, the Cupertino-based company’s COO, Jeff Williams, said the chipmaker banned to supply modems for the new iPhones – a move that could acutely affect the arrangement achievement of the accessible range of Apple‘s handsets. As per CNET’s report, the Apple exec said this during the US Federal Trade Commission’s trial adjoin Qualcomm on Monday.

Qualcomm is still accouterment chips for the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus. But the chipmaker has allegedly banned to accommodate apparatus for Apple’s latest iPhones, since the latter sued Qualcomm for $1 billion over shady business practices. Speaking at the US Federal Trade Commission’s trial adjoin Qualcomm on Monday, Williams added that Qualcomm‘s ability fee of $7.50 per iPhone is too high – it’s five times more than what the aggregation advised to pay.

Apple has commonly sourced apparatus from assorted suppliers. And the aggregation advised to abide that trend last year as well.

“The action was to dual-source in 2018 as well. We were alive toward doing that with Qualcomm, but in the end, they would not abutment us or sell us chips,” Williams said.

This tiff with Qualcomm might also impact Apple‘s plans of ablution a 5G-enabled phone. Many major phone makers like Samsung and LG have already appear their plans to 5G-enabled accessories this year using Qualcomm’s X50 modem. Meanwhile, Apple will have to wait for Intel to absolution its 5G chips, and this could delay the company’s 5G-ready iPhone. Notably, Intel is likely to absolution its 5G chips in 2020.

Read next: Rocket League now lets you play with accompany on any belvedere